18 January 2010

Jungle Jim Artwork

I created this artwork again in Photoshop, using my Bamboo Graphics Tablet. This snake will be wrapped around the border of the Jungle Jim page as it is a programme about wild animals. I have used yellow and orange because I believe they will create a nice contrast to the dark green which will be the border colour, they are also more realistic colours than choosing bright pinks or purples.



This is 'Jim', he will be the main character of the programme, acting as the children's guide through nature and telling them about all the different animals, rather than having a real person.


I began by drawing a 'Mini', to give me an idea of how I wanted Jim to turn out:

This is my final image which I will use on the webpage, in the context of the page he will be handing the banana to a monkey, which will be hanging from a tree:

I have now finished the Tree and Monkey for this page. I have made the forestry darker than that of the background to create a substantial contrast between the two colours.