18 February 2010

Jungle Jim Video

This video is meant to be advetising the Jungle Jim programme, therefore I needed a theme song that would reflect the theme perfectly. I found a few different examples on freeplaymusic.com which is a copyfright free music site. Here is one called "Little Piggy 30"



When listening to this song I didn't feel like it had the right quality needed for the programme as it just does not seem to fit with the context of the wilderness and jungles, it seems more playful and clumsy, more for a comedy cartoon programme such as "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends" or "Phineas & Ferb", two examples of popular childrens programmes on Cartoon Network and Disney Channel.

I then came across a song titled "Great New Day"




This song was perfect. It has an extremely upbeat tempo which is fun and exciting, it creates a sense of adventure which is exactly what I want for Jungle Jim. It's meant to be about a child exploring the wild and finding out about all these new animals he's never seen before and this song seems to sum up the idea of a journey brilliantly. I now have my Jungle Jim theme tune!



I created this video, simply, by using Windows Movie Maker. I used the mini version of Jim that I created to be the guide for this advertisement, as he will be the host of the programme. I recorded my own voice to put over the video as if Jim is talking to the children. The point of this advert was to introduce the children to different types of animals, because the main focus of the programme is to help kids discover new and exciting facts about animals. Therefore, the video is also meant to resemble a type of game for the children that watch it as they have a chance to guess what each of the animals featured are, before it pops up on the screen, revealing the answer.