29 March 2010

Play Artwork

For this page I wanted the artwork to be different and fun. Seeing as the page doesn't need to have a specific theme I was able to make the design a lot more random. After playing around with a few ideas involving hedgehogs and foxes, I decided upon the use of a frog. I wanted to make him nice and simple to fit in with the cartoons featured throughout the rest of the website.

The main reason I wanted the frog as the main character for this page is because I thought it would be a nice way of introducing the games by including the fly trail to outline each individual game. I think this adds more character to the page and gives it a theme, rather than just random images placed around the page.

As the main background of this page is going to be a dark blue, symbolising the idea of pond water surrounding the frog, I wanted to make a large use of the green to show a substantial contrast. Therefore I made the title of the page so it was in large, bold bubble writing in a bright green so that it really does stand out. I added in the little ants to add character to the title so it looks as though they are walking around the lettering, this also ties in with the use of the fly trail as the ants leave their own markers, fitting with the rest of the page.